Saturday, February 06, 2010

ASIF Stuff


I've been a little lax with the ASIF news as of late so here is a list of stuff for you guys.

  • No, GRRM has not finished A Dance With Dragons yet.  However, he has made some progress.  He posted recently on his site that he has had some sucess latley and that the manuscript was "within spitting distance of 1200 pages."  Certainly all this is promising but he has yet to work out what he calls his "Meeranese Knot" that has been troubling him for some time now. 
  • There is a great site I found for news on HBO's A Game of Thrones called Winter is Coming.  Head on over and check it out.  
  • According to that site HBO is looking to premiere the pilot in spring of 2011.  This depresses me.
  • Dark Sword Miniatures has continued their line of ASIF minis.  These things are amazing, and if you haven't taken a look you really should.  They recently released the one of Sansa Stark building her snow castle
  • Speaking of Dark Sword, GRRM is currently running a poll to see which character they should do next.  Head on over and voice your opinion. Daenerys Targaryen currently has a comfortable lead.
  • One of my good friends recently bought me A Game of Thrones the board game.  I've been eying it for quite some time, but it was a little pricey.  I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but expectations are high.  It got an excellent review on Board Game Geeks.  I'll be sure and let you guys know how it is once I get a chance to play it. 
Well that's it for now.  Hopefully we'll get more good news on ADWD in the coming months!

    No comments: