Tuesday, March 02, 2010

This Week in Gaming News

Here is some random gaming news from around the universe for you folks today.

March has finally arrived.  That is important because this is the month when HBO is scheduled to make its determination on their 'A Game of Thrones' production.  They will either opt to turn it into a full series or nip it in the bud.

Yeah... I'm hoping for the former.

In other ASIF news March 16th is the release date for Warriors.  Warriors is a collection of short stories by a number of talented authors, paramount among them ASIF author George R. R. Martin.  GRRM's contribution, aside from editing the entire book, is the third installment of his Dunk and Egg series, "The Mystery Knight."  These short stories are prequels to the regular series and have some very subtle and interesting links to the main tale.

Finally, not to get people's hopes up, GRRM posted on his website the other day that, "The Meereenese Knot may be fraying, just a little. But don't quote me on that."

Oops.

In Hackmaster news Kenzerco announced that its highly anticipated product, Frandor's Keep would be shipped this week, two weeks earlier than promised.  However, due to shipping issues stemming largely from the terrible weather much of the country has been having as of late, it will ship next week.  This is still a week earlier than expected, so I'm not complaining! 

I preordered FK so once I've had a chance to read through it you will certainly hear my opinion of it.  I can tell you that my expectations are extremely high.  Now this is usually not a good idea, especially when it comes to movies (Damn you Spiderman 3!!) but I have faith that this is one product that will deliver.

Finally, today happens to be my Birthday.  Eh... I'm getting old.  What did I get myself?

Frandor's Keep, of course. 

2 comments:

HackOrk said...

happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

HBO had better pick up A Song of Ice and Fire! That is my favorite series now. I really hope they do put out the next book very soon.