Monday, October 11, 2010

Fal-Con Less than a Week Away


Middletown CT will soon play host to Fal-Con.  I'll be running a` Hackmaster Basic game at the convention based on the 1985 film, The Goonies.  It may seem a bit odd, but as we pointed out on one of our top 10 lists, this movie is teeming with with great gaming ideas!

If you are in the area you should come check out Fal-Con, and maybe ever stop by the table and say hello.  For those who want to give HMB a try and/or love the Goonies make sure you sign up.  There will be tricks, traps, treasure maps, and a good time had by all! 

Speaking of treasure maps, here is a look at Black Rob's Treasure Map that takes center stage early in the adventure.  There are two version I am deciding on before having it printed.  One has fold lines while the other just has curling and aging effects.  Let me know which you like better.

First up is the version with the agged folding lines.


And Here is the one without.  I think I'm leaning toward this one.

Update:


Notable improvement by overlaying a parchment texture.  Gives the map a more worn and aged feel. 

5 comments:

HackOrk said...

Folded lines is my vote.

Worthstream said...

Voting for folded lines, too.

Wonderful maps, by the way!

Katharina vom Gollm said...

Hello, I'm looking for a texture/background for designing an invitation for a non-profit children summercamp, theme: "City Pirates". I would be happy if i could get the permission from you to use this treasure map. It will not be used for any commercial purposes.
Greetings from Germany, Katrin
Here is a short announciation of the camp:
http://www.treffpunktfreizeit.de/index.php/veranstaltungen/7-termine/134-307-3812-kindercamp-qstadtpiratenq

Labyrinthian said...

Hi Katharina,

You are absolutely welcome to use the treasure map for your summer camp! Thank you for asking and best of luck with your endeavor. If you have any other questions please feel free to email me using the "Email Us" Scroll on the right.

Soo Cheon said...

Hello, Labyrinthian.
My name is Soo Cheon from South Korea.
I am please writing to you to ask how I can have the permission to use of your image ‘Black Rob’s Treasure map’ for a commercial use.
I am working on publishing a book in Korean Language and I am hunting an antique treasure map for an image of the book.
‘Black Rob’s Treasure Map is an absolutely great work. I feel like to quest with it at a first glance.

‘Black Rob’s Treasure Map without folding lines version. (The one by a overlaying with a parchment texture.)

Please kindly guide me to proceed how to have the clearance process to receive the permission from you.

If you have any question about the book, please do not hesitate to contact me at this email.

I am looking forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Thank you very much for your cooperation in advance.


Best wishes,
Soo Cheon