Monday Morning Maps: Free Map!

Posted by Labyrinthian in , ,

Recently someone pointed out to me that my finished maps, while hopefully fun and interesting to look at, are less of a useful resource than a map with all the labels left off it.  Not being able to depute the claim I present to you the first of many maps left blank for your use!

This particular map is a regional map depicting a coast and a number of off shore islands.  There are towns, ruins, forests, rivers, even a castle for you to name and explore!

Future maps may not be regional, they might be world maps, town maps, or even a dungeon map or two.

Enjoy!

This entry was posted on Monday, February 14, 2011 at Monday, February 14, 2011 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

I think this type of map presents a great adventure hook for players. Print out this map and have one of your NPC's hire the players to fill in the blanks. Exploration games are a lot of fun if you're looking for something less liner to do with your group.

February 14, 2011 at 12:59 PM

Labyrinthian,

What software do you use to generate these maps? They look great!

Have you considered creating modular maps that could be assembled to create larger subterranean passages + dungeons?

A set of unlabeled islands would also be useful for use in a variety of campaigns.

Do you have a store on RPGNow?

Thanks for the feebie,
-Steve

February 14, 2011 at 3:09 PM

Hi Steve,

I'm glad you enjoyed the map. I mostly use Photoshop and Illustrator.

I haven't previously considered doing modular maps, but it is certainly I'll consider.

I don't currently have a store on RPGNow. The work I've done to date has been all custom. If you are interested feel free to shoot me an email.

As for an island map, that's a great idea. I just might do that in the future.

February 14, 2011 at 3:38 PM

Post a Comment