Monday, February 14, 2011

Monday Morning Maps: Free Map!

Recently someone pointed out to me that my finished maps, while hopefully fun and interesting to look at, are less of a useful resource than a map with all the labels left off it.  Not being able to depute the claim I present to you the first of many maps left blank for your use!

This particular map is a regional map depicting a coast and a number of off shore islands.  There are towns, ruins, forests, rivers, even a castle for you to name and explore!

Future maps may not be regional, they might be world maps, town maps, or even a dungeon map or two.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think this type of map presents a great adventure hook for players. Print out this map and have one of your NPC's hire the players to fill in the blanks. Exploration games are a lot of fun if you're looking for something less liner to do with your group.

Stephen Hilderbrand said...

Labyrinthian,

What software do you use to generate these maps? They look great!

Have you considered creating modular maps that could be assembled to create larger subterranean passages + dungeons?

A set of unlabeled islands would also be useful for use in a variety of campaigns.

Do you have a store on RPGNow?

Thanks for the feebie,
-Steve

Labyrinthian said...

Hi Steve,

I'm glad you enjoyed the map. I mostly use Photoshop and Illustrator.

I haven't previously considered doing modular maps, but it is certainly I'll consider.

I don't currently have a store on RPGNow. The work I've done to date has been all custom. If you are interested feel free to shoot me an email.

As for an island map, that's a great idea. I just might do that in the future.