Thursday, May 19, 2011

This Map is Kicking My Ass


I've taken a couple of stabs at creating a map for the Mercenary Campaign I've been working on on and off.  Each version seemed to be worse than the last, but I got off to a promising start with a new version but as I said in the tittle, this map has been really kicking my ass.  I scrapped everything down to the base land layer twice and I've gone back and forth on everything from color to labeling.  This is what I have to show for it:


The map depicts an empire modeled after the Holy Roman Empire.  The names are lifted from various maps of Germany. 

There's still something about this map that is bugging me, but I can't quite put my finger on it. 

2 comments:

Michael S/Chgowiz said...

For me, the orange and the large white fonts don't "flow" with the map. It's an awesome map, but if I put on super-critical glasses, that's what jumps out.

Labyrinthian said...

@ChicagoWiz - Thanks for your look. Keep those super-critical glasses on because I always appreciate someone with a critical eye giving a second opinion! I think you're right about the fonts. I also think the Principality labels are too large. I'm going to do a little tweaking so look for a new version soon. Thanks again!