Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Dark Tower Canceled

Movies based on Stephen King's books usually suck.  Not always, but it's a general rule.  I can't explain it and I certainly don't blame the source material.  

So with that being said I'm not sure how to feel now that plans to make Stephen King's epic Dark Tower series into three feature films and two miniseries have fallen through.  It seems that despite the promise of the project, the cost is simply too staggering and risky for Universal to commit to.  

If you are a fan of the Dark Tower series who hopes to one day see it appear on screen then not all hope is lost.  Howard's production company Imagine Entertainment is going to be pitching the idea to other studios.  We'll see if any of them feel that Dark Tower is worth a big (and expensive) leap of faith. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This made me a bit sad. But at the same time, being a huge fan of this work, I was terrified to see what they would do with it. Makes me wonder if anyone else will give it a shot.

Unknown said...

I like The Dark Tower more than The Wheel of Time, but less than A Song of Ice and Fire, but it's the one of the three I was most interested in seeing an adaptation of (before GoT on HBO). I'm very saddened by this news, and I hope that they are able to get it done with someone else.