Thursday, August 30, 2012

Revisiting an Old Map

I ran a campaign a couple of years back.  I was on a very limited budget in terms of time, and was much less versed in map making than I am now.  I needed a map for the game, and didn’t have anything but MS Paint to make it in.  Sadly, that is what I did.  I wasn’t completely happy with it at the time, but at the same time I wasn’t overly disappointed in it.  The game went great and is remembered very fondly, and I’d like to think that the map played a role in that, but looking at it now makes me cringe a bit.  I decided to take a few minutes yesterday to spruce the map up a bit.  I didn’t redo the map, more renovated it a bit.   It limited what I could do, but also preserved the overall look of the original. 

1 comment:

Amber Old map said...

It really does sound interesting! Maps are such an important part of life–whether they are made of paper or are digital–and it would interesting to learn their history and how they came to be.