Fantasy games, especially D&D, have inspired many songs over the years.
Here are some of my favorites in no particular order...
- Always the First to Die - A song about a player who gets stuck playing the mage and is always the first to die. The song references Keep on the Borderlands and is generally hilarious and awesome!
- Raistlin and the Rose - A song about Raistlin Majere, probably Dragonlance's most popular character (certainly my favorite).
- The D&D Song - A song by Stephen Lynch that pokes fun of many gamers stereotypes.
- The Bard's Song - Not a D&D song per say being more inspired by Tolkien, but one that fits so well I put it on the list anyway.
- Wanderlust - A song by Nightwish inspired by the Dragonlance setting
- The Song of Faerun - A song from the Pool of Radiance Game Soundtrack. I like the song better than the game.
There are a bunch of other songs that are about D&D or have references to the game.
- A Cloak of Elvenkind - A song by Marcy Playground rife with D&D references.
- "Weird Al" Yankovic's song "White & Nerdy"
- The Weezer song, In the Garage, starts with the lyrics, "I've got a Dungeon Master's Guide/I've got a twelve-sided die," both references to Dungeons & Dragons.
- Flashlight Brown's song "Ready to Roll.
- Nerdcore rapper MC Chris has a CD called Dungeon Master of Ceremonies, which contain numerous references to the game, including a sketch where a heckler threatens to make MC "12-sided die".
- Seminal stoner rock band Kyuss was formed in 1989 under the name "Sons of Kyuss", in reference to the deity Kyuss
- Deaf Pedestrians's song "Hail to the Geek".
- Owen Pallett's album, He Poos Clouds is roughly based around the concept of the eight schools of magic from Dungeons & Dragons.
- Mindflayer's identity and albums are based upon obscure Dungeons and Dragons references.
- The song "D and D" by 3OH!3 is about Dungeons and Dragons.