Friday, January 15, 2010

Pressing the Reset Button

Judging by the emails I've gotten a few people are curious as to where the Diary of a Gamer section went.  Yes, my group has been playing our Pathfinder game, but to be honest it hasn't been going very well.  This week the group took drastic measures to improve our weekly gaming experience by doing something I have never been too fond of, hitting the reset button.

Basically we have completed started over.  Same campaign concept, same well designed very detailed setting, but a different set of characters, and hopefully a different outcome as well.  I'm actually really excited about the reset, and the new characters.  I'm hoping to do a diary of a gamer this week to detail last night game session where we designed our characters and even got a bit of play in.  

2 comments:

Keith S said...

I'd be curious about why your group decided to hit the reset button? Group capabilities (or lack thereof)? Game mechanics? A social issue in the group? As a GM, I'm interested in why players like or dislike games.

Kevin Mac said...

I think there is a great story here, or at least a very interesting read for those of us who like when people come from the heart. Go ahead, shoot on it. What happened?