Sunday, February 21, 2010

Advanced Hackmaster News

 

While I was gone having the happiness drained out of my like a Fighter surrounded by Wraiths, there was some interesting news on the Advanced Hackmaster Front.

On the topic of the Bestiary Guide (the Hackmaster Monster Manual) Dave Kenzer, the owner of Kenzerco said, "If I were running a company, I'd make sure the product came out by origins." That's good news. It also means that things will be extremely busy over at Kenzerco as they have Frandor's Keep being released in March and Bestiary being released no later than June. I hope this doesn't prevent them from releasing the PHB at or before GenCon. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Another more immediate update I have for you is the release of Jolly's ranged combat aid card. It's a great tool to keep track of everything from range increments to ammo. Download it here.

4 comments:

Greylond said...

Slight Correction: Dave Kenzer is the President/CEO of Kenzer&Co. Not the "owner". It is a privately held company with a small group of investors.

Cyric said...

Do I understand you right in that the Monster handbook will be the first Advanced Hackmaster product? Not the Players Handbook or the Dungeon Masters Guide?

That's some strange printing order, isn't it?

Greylond said...

Go back and look at the publishing history of AD&D. ;)

Labyrinthian said...

I thought it was strange myself. But with them adding the information to advance to level 10 through the Hackjournals and Knights of the Dinner Table I'm sure they felt that the first thing people would need in order to continue their games would be most baddies to bash!

The release order will be
1. Bestiary
2. PHB
3. GMG

As for the release of the second two we'll just have to wait and see.

Oh, and thanks for the heads up Greylond! I thought Dave owned the company so this was news to me.