Monday, November 15, 2010

30 Minute Map Referendum


Still chipping away at the 30 minute map tutorial.  The damn thing just seems to keep changing in an attempt to streamline and simplify things.  I also don't think I have a gift for writing these things in a way that is easy to comprehend. 

The changes I've made have made the map look a little different, but I'm not sure if it's for the better or worse. Here is the original map I posted last week...




And here is the newer, more simplified version...






What is the general preference?  Try to ignore the window dressing and color palate differences and choose which style you would rather have for your game. 

Once I have a general idea where the preference is I'll go from there.  

7 comments:

RZHammer said...

They both look cool. I'd be happy with either one.

Stan Shinn said...

I like the first one better...

Anonymous said...

IMHO the Water Princes one looks cooler.

R2R said...

Second one. More stylish.

Kingbreed said...

#1 ftw

Pontifex said...

#1, hands down

Arithine said...

second one hands down, seems much more like a map you would find in the world, which i thinks helps draw the players into the world.