Monday, January 31, 2011

Advanced Hackmaster Player's Hanbook Video


Fans of Hackmaster have been (im)patiently awaiting the release of Kenzerco's Advanced Hackmaster.  Yes, we had Hackmaster Basic to wet our appetites, but I think we've long been ready for the main course!   The Hacklopedia of Beasts, the Hackmaster Bestiary, is already avilable in PDF with a print copy to follow in March, but how long will we have to wait for the all important Player's Handbook?  I don't know.  What I do know is that the book looks amazing, just like the Hacklopedia.  I know because Revil recently sent me a video that Jolly Blackburn posted of him working on the PHB.



Watch live video from KODT LIVE on Justin.tv

Gorgeous.   I don't know what else to say, I just love the look.  I'm very glad they are going with the same look as the Hacklopedia, both because it looks amazing and because I prefer a certain amount of continuity as far as look and layout go. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huge screw up for Kenzer they hyped this new edition and put out the basic edition and then...nothing it's been what 3 years now? That's not dropping the ball that burying it in the bottom of the Marianas Trench, nobody I know has even the slightest intrest in this game anymore.

Anonymous said...

I do. Hackmaster was the game my friends and I cut our RPG teeth on. I don't deny that Hackmaster is a niche market, but to us it is the ultimate fantasy and adventure RPG. We've enjoyed basic and are happy that HM now has its own unique game engine. We can forgive the amount of time it takes to produce a finished product. Its the quality that counts and to us Hackmaster is AWSOME.