Monday, January 31, 2011

Map: The Lair of the Fomorian King


While it's true that I still haven't finished my 30 minute map tutorial I did find time to start another experiment randomly generating maps using clouds.  In this map I used clouds to randomly generate a cavern complex.  The random cavern only took about 5 minutes but I added some water and other window dressing.  Total time was about 15 minutes. 


Overall the cloud rendering works really well for making caverns and connecting the passages and chambers using the eraser tool is a simple thing.  This could turn out to be a great resource for quick random dungeon design.

1 comment:

Pontifex said...

I do like how that works. And I know how to do it just looking at it, just have to do the render and then add layer effects. Nice.