Friday, March 04, 2011

Friday Video: The Call of Cthulhu In Under Two Minutes

I love the game Call of Cthulhu and am having a blast playing our current campaign, but when I read the story The Call of Cthulhu by HP Lovecraft I was kind of shellshocked.  I wasn't very good.  In fact, I really thought it was bad. 

Hey don't throw things as me!

I've read other Lovecraft stories and enjoyed them (Dunwich Horror, The Shadow Over Innsmouth, etc) but I just didn't like Call of Cthulhu.  I may have been a matter of expectations  (it was the first Lovecraft story I ever read and I expected to love it) or it could be that it just isn't my cup of tea.  Whatever the reason I really wish someone has pointed me to the video below, The Call of Cthulhu in Under 2 Minutes.  It does an amazing job of telling the whole tale in, you guessed it, under two minutes and manages to be really funny at the same time.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This quite convincing silent-era style version is very faithful to the original - I'd watch it rather than read the story any day.
~V